Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Kickoff!

The girls and I had a great time together this weekend! We had the church Easter Egg hunt Saturday afternoon (pictures coming later) so we were busy preparing for all the Easter fun!

Early Saturday morning the girls and I made
Easter Chicks out of Rice Krispies!
Thanks to Boerne MOPS for the idea.
I made a batch of rice krispies and added yellow food coloring to make them yellow. I then shaped them into triangles.
Nixon and Isla helped put chocolate morsels on for the eyes, orange jelly beans (actually I found out they were hard candy once I bit into them) for the beaks, and pretzels for their feet.
I had to let Roman eat one of the chicks to keep him busy while we decorated!

We added yellow frosting for their hair!
Nixon did a great job decorating her baby chicks!

Jared's good friend Bare came to stay the weekend with us.
They shared the baby chicks with him.

Nixon and Isla love Bare! But I am pretty sure he never wants kids
after spending the weekend at our insane house! :)

The kids then enjoyed stuffing their eggs
with candy and bubbles for the Easter Egg Hunt!

I made the girls pillowcase dresses the night before
and that afternoon to wear to the Easter Party!
Nixon was my sewing partner!
She pined fabric together and "cut" it!
The girls posed in their new Easter Bunny dresses!
I didn't make Roman's outfit
but he sure is cute! :)


1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me! Chicks are adorable and of course the girls outfits couldn't be any cuter.

    ReplyDelete