Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hand in Hand still thanking God for each other.

This past weekend our wonderful friend Kelsey got married!
Kelsey is a close friend to both Jared and myself.

I was honord to be a bridesmaid and Jared was the officiate.
(this was his 2nd wedding and I must say he a did a fabulous job
and both couples are still married!)


I absolutely loved Kelsey's dress!
And I was excited that her "something borrowed" was my veil! Since my wedding (6 long years ago) she has always said that she wanted to borrow my veil. I was happy to unassemble my shadow box and let her use it!

Since college, I also remember Kelsey telling us that her bridesmiads would wear flowers in their hair! Here is a picture of her doing my hair. She is the only bride (and I have been in MANY weddings) that has taken the time to fix the bm hair!

Each bm wore a different style dress! I love this!

And of course we rode in style to the reception!
Kelsey rented a antique double decker party bus!

The reception was wonderful!


Jared and I even dance one song (Jared doesn't dance)

It was great seeing old college friends.
Below are a few close friends I use to live in the AGD house with.
(Melissa , Jill, Me, L-Rob, and Sabrina)

Trey and Joy are two of our dearest most loved friends from college!
We have a picture just like this from our wedding! (they were both in our wedding)

Kelsey was the BEST Alpha Gam. We were happy to sing to her on her wedding day.

We had such a wonderful time catching up and seeing friends this past weekend!
Robyn and I aren't really sure what we were laughing so hard at in the picture below!


I truly miss the carefree days of college living in the AGD house.
I am blessed with amazing friendships with the girls below.

In both weddings that Jared has done he has
prayed the "Puritan Wedding Prayer"
I absolutely LOVE this prayer.
This is not only a wonderful prayer for newly married couples but one that can be prayed by any couple no matter how long you have been married. This has unofficially become mine and Jared's prayer for our marriage for the past couple of years.
I also have this crazy dream to learn to do needle point so that I might can do this prayer as a wedding gift to my friends.
I am waiting for a free moment to learn ;)

I do encourage you to read it below, make it your own, and pray
to our Lord who wants to bless your marriage!

The Puritan Wedding Prayer

"Oh, God of love, you have established marriage for the welfare and happiness of mankind. Yours was the plan and only with You can we work it out with joy. You have said that it is not good for man to be alone, I will make a helpmate for him.

Now our joys are doubled since the happiness of one is the happiness of the other. Our burdens are now halved, when we share them, we divide the load.

Dear Father, we would ask that you would bless ______.Bless his as a provider of nourishment and raiment and sustain him in all the expectations and pressures of his battle for bread. May his strength be her protection, his character be her boast and her pride and may he so live that she will find in him the haven for which the heart of a woman truly longs.


And dear heavenly Father, we would ask you to bless ______. Give her tenderness that will make her great, a deep sense of understanding and a great faith in You. Give her inner beauty of soul that never fades. That eternal youth that is found in holding fast the things that never age.

Teach them that marriage is not living merely for each other, it is two uniting and joining hands to serve You. Give them a great spiritual purpose in life. May they seek the kingdom of God and Your righteousness and the other things shall certainly be added unto them. Loving You best they shall love each other the more and faithful unto You, faithful unto each other they will be.

May they not expect that perfection of each other that belongs alone to You. May they minimize each other’s weaknesses, be swift to praise and magnify each other’s points of comeliness and strength and see each other through a lover’s kind and patient eyes.

Now make such assignments to them on the scroll of Your will as will bless them and develop their characters as they walk together.

Give them a little something to forgive every day that they may grow in the grace of longsuffering. Give them enough tears to keep them tender, enough hurts to keep them human, enough failures to keep their hands clenched tightly in Yours and enough success to make them sure they walk with God.

May they never take each other’s love for granted but always experience that breathless wonder that exclaims ‘out of all this world, you have chosen me.’

When life is done and the sun is setting may they be found then as now, hand in hand still thanking God for each other.

May they serve You happily, faithfully together until at last one shall lay the other into the arms of Jesus. This we ask through Jesus Christ the great Lover of our souls. Amen."





1 comment: